August 24, 2003

What's a Cannes Lion worth?

This was the question posed by Boards to some Creatives Directors. Here's some answers:

Trevor Beattie > TBWA London: "Cannes is nothing more than a contractual obligation. I have to go. I'm not a big fan of awards in general, but of all the awards, no one's honest about Cannes."
John O'Keeffe > Bartle, Bogle and Hegarty: "Creatives want to do great work, and an agency with Lions might be the place with the room to do it."
Charles Inge > Clemmow Hornby Inge (Grand Prix 99/00): "I remember one client saying, 'If this wins you a silver Donkey, you can shove it up your ass. We want more sales', and I can understand that ... Tango loves awards and they are going to throw us a party, but my normal experience is that the clients don't care."

No comments: