What do our clients - the marketers - need?
According to a recent paper from Strategy + Business Steve Silver (a former senior executive at Wunderman and formet Vice-President off Bozz Allen Hamilton NY) tells us that marketers, especially Chief Marketing Officers - require this five sets of skills:
1) They must be able to spot business trends early;
2) They must be experienced in developing both media plans and business plans that deliver on company goals;
3) They need to be able to draw insights from research & customer behavior;
4) They must have the capabilities to direct Ad agencies and other partners;
5) They need to be secure enough intellectually to stand up for the answer that is right for the business while also being able to build consensus with team members across departments on the future direction of that business.